CHAMBERSVILLE, TEXAS. Chambersville is on a hill overlooking the rich farmland of the Blackland Prairies, near Farm Road 543 seven miles north of McKinney in northwestern Collin County. The town was named in honor of Elisha Chambers, a native of North Carolina who arrived in the county in 1847. Three years later he received a Peters colony land certificate for 320 acres near the East Fork of the Trinity River. In 1853 he provided land for the town's school, church, and cemetery. A post office was established there in 1894, with Jacob Bryan as postmaster. In 1903 the post office was discontinued, and local mail was routed through McKinney. Chambersville reported a population of forty from the 1950s through 2000.
Seymour V. Connor, The Peters Colony of Texas: A History and Biographical Sketches of the Early Settlers (Austin: Texas State Historical Association, 1959). Roy Franklin Hall and Helen Gibbard Hall, Collin County: Pioneering in North Texas (Quanah, Texas: Nortex, 1975). J. Lee and Lillian J. Stambaugh, A History of Collin County (Austin: Texas State Historical Association, 1958).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.David Minor, "CHAMBERSVILLE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hnc40), accessed November 23, 2014. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.