DELWIN, TEXAS. Delwin, in southwestern Cottle County, was named in the early 1900s for Delwin Drummond, the son of founders Tom and Ora Drummond. The Drummond ranch occupied a large part of the region. A school was established in the late 1890s. Delwin had a post office from 1916 until sometime after 1930. Its school was consolidated with that of Paducah in 1963. A cotton gin operated for many years, until it was destroyed by fire in the 1950s. The population was eighty-three in 1940 and seventy in 1980 and 1990. In 2000 the population was twelve.
Carmen Taylor Bennett, Our Roots Grow Deep: A History of Cottle County (Floydada, Texas: Blanco Offset Printing, 1970).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.William R. Hunt, "DELWIN, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hnd09), accessed March 11, 2014. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.