DRAW, TEXAS. Draw is at the intersection of Farm roads 213 and 1054, seventeen miles southeast of Tahoka in southeastern Lynn County. It took its name from Mooar's Draw, a canyon to the northeast. The community had a school as early as 1904. Draw's population was reported as only twenty-five in 1933, but in 1940 its population was estimated at 100 and continued to be reported at that level through 1960. By 1970 the population had dropped to thirty-five. In 1974 Draw had a cotton gin and a store. From 1980 through 2000 its population was thirty-nine.
Donald R. Abbe, The History of Lynn County (M.A. thesis, Texas Tech University, 1974).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Donald R. Abbe, "DRAW, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hnd42), accessed July 24, 2014. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.