DREAMLAND, TEXAS. Dreamland, on U.S. Highway 83 four miles east of Rio Grande City in southeastern Starr County, was an irrigated-farm project in the late 1920s. A local post office was granted in 1944 but replaced by rural delivery from Rio Grande City in 1945. The railroad station at Dreamland was named Santa Cruz. In 1940 the community had a population of ten, and in 1967 it listed two businesses and a cemetery. The settlement was subsequently absorbed by La Puerta and Santa Cruz and in 1991 was no longer identified on maps.