ELOISE, TEXAS. Eloise is on Farm Road 1373 fourteen miles southeast of Marlin in southern Falls County. It was established as a post office in 1900 on the proposed route of the Calvert, Waco and Brazos Valley Railroad, which completed a section of track from Calvert Junction to Marlin the following year. The population was 20 in 1925, 75 in the late 1930s, and 100 in the mid-1940s. The post office at Eloise was discontinued in the early 1950s, and the population began to fall soon thereafter. By the mid-1960s the number of residents was reported at forty-seven. From 1970 through 1990 the reported population was forty-one. In 2000 the population had dropped to twenty-nine.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl, "ELOISE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hne15), accessed April 23, 2014. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.