ENERGY, TEXAS. Energy is on Farm Road 1702 sixteen miles southeast of Comanche in Comanche County. It was established around 1896 and was reportedly named for its energetic residents by Will and Charlie Baxter, store owners in the area. The community's post office opened about 1896, with John W. Moore as postmaster. The population of Energy was reported as sixty-seven in 1940 and sixty-five in 1990, when the post office was still in operation. The population remained at sixty-five in 2000.
Comanche County Bicentennial Committee, Patchwork of Memories: Historical Sketches of Comanche County, Texas (Brownwood, Texas: Banner Printing, 1976).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Tracey L. Compton, "ENERGY, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hne19), accessed March 11, 2014. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.