FISK, TEXAS. Fisk, on Farm Road 1026 in south central Coleman County, grew up near the headquarters of the Adam T. Brown ranch after it was broken up for sale to farmers in 1904. John Terry and others built the first gin and store. The town had three businesses and seventy people in 1940. By 1980 the population had declined to forty, where it remained through 2000.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.William R. Hunt, "FISK, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hnf22), accessed July 29, 2014. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.