GLEN COVE, TX
GLEN COVE, TEXAS. Glen Cove, on Hords Creek and Farm Road 53 in west central Coleman County, was named for a rancher called Glen who drove cattle from Waco to the area for winter grazing. The town remained a small ranching center. In 1940 it had a church, three businesses, and seventy-five residents. By 1980 its population was reported as forty, and it continued to be reported at that level through 2000.
Leona Bruce, They Came in Peace to Coleman County (Fort Worth: Branch-Smith, 1970).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Beatrice Grady Gay, "GLEN COVE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hng11), accessed May 22, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.