GREENWOOD, TX (RED RIVER COUNTY)
GREENWOOD, TEXAS (Red River County). Greenwood is a tiny rural community located off Farm Road 1159 about thirteen miles northeast of Clarksville and three miles south of the Red River and the Oklahoma border in northern Red River County. The settlement may have originated sometime in the 1800s and was named for pioneer O. C. Greenwood, for whom a nearby stream, Greenwood Branch, was also named. In the 1930s county highway maps showed farms, a business, and a school in the area. By the latter half of the twentieth century there were no longer signs of an abandoned cemetery, known as Greenwood B Cemetery. In 2000 Greenwood had a population of twenty.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Laurie E. Jasinski, "GREENWOOD, TX (RED RIVER COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hng46), accessed September 19, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.