HARMON, TX (LAMAR COUNTY)
HARMON, TEXAS (Lamar County). Harmon is just off Farm Road 824 near the Fannin county line in western Lamar County. It originally had the name Nobel but was renamed for Harmon Harrell. A post office was established there in 1900 but was discontinued in 1907. In 1936 Harmon had a school, a church, two businesses, and multiple dwellings. The population was twenty from 1945 to 1970. In 1990 the town had thirty-five people but no businesses. The population remained the same in 2000.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Jana Jordan, "HARMON, TX (LAMAR COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hnh11), accessed January 25, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.