HASSE, TEXAS. Hasse is on U.S. highways 67 and 377 and the Fort Worth and Rio Grande Railroad in central Comanche County. It was founded in 1892 and was first called Cordwood Junction, then later was named after O. H. Hasse, a railway agent at Comanche. In 1900, when its post office was established, the community's population was over 100. By 1915 Hasse had a population of 250 and more than fifteen businesses, including a bank and a telephone exchange. Its population was about 248 in 1940, but only five businesses remained. By 1950 the community's population had dropped to forty, and in 1955 the Hasse school was annexed to the Comanche Independent School District. From 1980 through 2000 the population of Hasse was reported as forty-three.
Comanche County Bicentennial Committee, Patchwork of Memories: Historical Sketches of Comanche County, Texas (Brownwood, Texas: Banner Printing, 1976).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Tracey L. Compton, "HASSE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hnh13), accessed July 28, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.