HURNVILLE, TEXAS. Hurnville is on Farm Road 1197 eight miles north of Henrietta in north central Clay County. It was founded about 1890 and within a few years was populated predominantly by recently arrived Russians of German descent. A post office served the community from 1891 until 1905, and the immigrant settlers established a German Baptist church in 1894. In 1936 Hurnville had a population of twenty and two businesses. The population stayed the same, but by the mid-1960s no businesses operated locally. The population in 1990 was fifteen. That figure remained unchanged in 2000.
William Charles Taylor, A History of Clay County (Austin: Jenkins, 1972).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Brian Hart, "HURNVILLE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hnh52), accessed December 19, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.