JOHNSVILLE, TEXAS. Johnsville, just off U.S. Highway 67 and fifteen miles southeast of Stephenville in southeastern Erath County, was named for its first postmaster, John Martin. The community had a post office, a store, and fifty residents in 1940. By 1980 its population had declined to twenty-five, and its post office had been closed. Through 2000 the community's population was still reported as twenty-five.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article."JOHNSVILLE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hnj07), accessed September 01, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.