KOKOMO, TEXAS. Kokomo, on Farm Road 2689 six miles south of Lake Leon in southeastern Eastland County, was founded in the 1890s after the construction of the Texas and Pacific Railway. The post office opened in 1899 with Mary E. Comer as postmistress and was discontinued in 1907. The school was opened in the early 1900s and closed in 1920. The population was twenty-five in 1980 and 1990. The population was twenty-five in 1980 through 2000.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article."KOKOMO, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hnk21), accessed June 20, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.