LOCKETTVILLE, TEXAS. Lockettville, on Farm Road 3261 near the Terry county line in south central Hockley County, was developed by Aubrey Lockett, who purchased a 6,210-acre tract in 1934 and rented small parcels to tenant cotton farmers. A gin had been operating since 1928. In 1946 Lockett had a store, a blacksmith shop, a filling station, and a population of sixty. The population was forty in 1950 and 1960 but dropped to twenty in 1970, where it remained in 2000.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article."LOCKETTVILLE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hnl36), accessed December 11, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.