LONE CAMP, TX
LONE CAMP, TEXAS. Lone Camp, on Farm Road 4 eight miles north of Santo in central Palo Pinto County, was settled in the 1870s. It had no rail or major road transportation, and its proximity to Santo and Palo Pinto inhibited its growth. A post office operated in Lone Camp from 1907 until 1920. The population was fifty in 1914 and forty-eight in 1940, when the community had two stores. It was reported at thirty-two in 1980 and 1990. The population grew to 110 by 2000.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.William R. Hunt, "LONE CAMP, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hnl39), accessed May 18, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.