LAKEVIEW, TX (FLOYD COUNTY)
LAKEVIEW, TEXAS (Floyd County). Lakeview is at the junction of Farm roads 651 and 1958, ten miles southeast of Floydada in south central Floyd County. It originated as a school community in 1892. The school was rebuilt in 1900 and in 1919. In 1925 the Lakeview school was in District 11 of the Floydada and Lockney Independent School District. A high school was added in 1930–31 but closed in 1967. In 1936 Lakeview had a church, a school, a cemetery, one business, and a number of scattered dwellings, and in 1942 the population was estimated at fifty. In 1964 the town had a school, a cemetery, a grain elevator, a factory, and one business. The population was estimated at forty-five in 1968, and the same figure was reported up until 1986. In 2000 the population was forty-four.
Floyd County Historical Museum, History of Floyd County, 1876–1979 (Dallas: Taylor, 1979).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.William R. Hunt, "LAKEVIEW, TX (FLOYD COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hnl52), accessed December 08, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.