MCCOY, TX (KAUFMAN COUNTY)
MCCOY, TEXAS (Kaufman County). McCoy is on Farm Road 429 five miles northeast of Terrell in northeast Kaufman County. It was probably established during the 1880s and has served as a school and church community for area farmers. In 1885 a post office branch was opened. In 1896 it had 200 residents, six businesses, three churches, and a school. In 1903 postal service to the community ended. Over the next four decades the population gradually declined. By the middle of the Great Depression years McCoy had sixty-two residents; in the 1950s the population had stabilized at twenty, where it remained in 1990.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.David Minor, "MCCOY, TX (KAUFMAN COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hnm25), accessed December 19, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.