MORTON VALLEY, TX
MORTON VALLEY, TEXAS. Morton Valley, on Farm Road 3363 near State Highway 112 north of Interstate Highway 20 in northern Eastland County, was settled in the 1880s and increased in size during the oil boom of 1917–25. In 1921 the Morton Valley school was established as a consolidated education center for three surrounding districts. In 1940 the population of Morton Valley was forty, and in 1980 through 2000 it was forty-six.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article."MORTON VALLEY, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hnm63), accessed May 19, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.