MUNSON, TEXAS. Munson is on State Highway 276 eight miles from Rockwall in east central Rockwall County. It derives its name from W. B. Munson, an area rancher. In 1901 a post office called Munson was established for the Munson-Newton Ranch and its environs. The post office was discontinued in 1901. The population of Munson has ranged from twenty-five in 1936 to sixty-four in 1990.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Brian Hart, "MUNSON, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hnm73), accessed October 01, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.