MOUNTAIN TOP, TX
MOUNTAIN TOP, TEXAS. Mountain Top is on a country road just east of U.S. Highway 183 and eight miles southwest of Carbon in southwestern Eastland County. It was settled before 1906, when the Mountain school had one teacher and thirty-two pupils. By the 1930s the school had been consolidated with those of Cisco. In 1940 Mountain Top had a church and scattered dwellings. The community had an estimated population of ten in 1964 and twenty-two in 1968. In 1987 it had a church and scattered dwellings, and its population was still estimated at twenty-two through 2000.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Mark Odintz, "MOUNTAIN TOP, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hnmgl), accessed December 21, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.