NAVO, TEXAS. Navo is ten miles east of Denton on U.S. Highway 380 in east central Denton County. It was established in 1847 by Thomas Navo, from whom it derived its name. A post office opened there in 1884 and closed in 1907. Navo reported a population of thirty-six from the mid-1930s through the late 1980s, when it had a grocery store and gas station. In 2000 the population was thirty-five.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Brian Hart, "NAVO, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hnn05), accessed April 23, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.