NEEDMORE, TX (BAILEY COUNTY)
NEEDMORE, TEXAS (Bailey County). Needmore, at the junction of State Highway 214 and Farm Road 298, in central Bailey County, was so named because the townsite promoters wanted more settlers. The name did not bring the desired results after the town's founding in the 1920s. By 1940 there were only twenty residents and two stores at the site, although by 1980 the population had reached ninety-eight, where it remained in 1990. The population dropped to forty-five by 2000.
Fred Tarpley, 1001 Texas Place Names (Austin: University of Texas Press, 1980).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.William R. Hunt, "NEEDMORE, TX (BAILEY COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hnn08), accessed December 10, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.