NEINDA, TEXAS. Neinda, on Farm Road 126 seven miles southeast of Hamlin in northwest Jones County, was settled in the 1880s by Joe Cox and others. It was called Banner until the post office was established in 1900. The railroads bypassed Neinda, and the town's first postmaster, John O'Brien, was also its last. In 1940 Neinda had a gin, several businesses, and seventy-five residents. In 1978 a store, a gin, and the Baptist church survived. The population was thirty-one in 1980 and 1990. The old cemetery is maintained by the Cemetery Association and the Pioneers Reunion, which meets annually. In 2000 the population was twenty-one .
Hooper Shelton and Homer Hutto, The First 100 Years of Jones County (Stamford, Texas: Shelton, 1978).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.William R. Hunt, "NEINDA, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hnn10), accessed June 19, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.