NOACK, TEXAS. Noack is on Farm Road 112 thirty-six miles northeast of Austin in eastern Williamson County. It was established as a Wendish settlement called Hochkirk when Peter Zieschang moved there in 1870. It was renamed Noack in 1902, when John Ernest Noack became postmaster. The community's Lutheran church was organized in 1891 and was still active in 1984. A school was established there in 1922, and the Noack oilfield was developed in 1933. In 1990 Noack had a population of fifty and four retail businesses. Though no population estimates were available in 2000, Noack was shown on county maps. In 2005 the community had a fire department and a cantina. Christ Lutheran Church was still active.
Clara Stearns Scarbrough, Land of Good Water: A Williamson County History (Georgetown, Texas: Williamson County Sun Publishers, 1973).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Clara Stearns Scarbrough, "NOACK, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hnn26), accessed April 20, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.