OLA, TEXAS. Ola is on State Highway 243 seven miles east of Kaufman in east central Kaufman County. It was settled in the late nineteenth century. In 1892 Ola acquired a post office, which closed in 1911, and in 1896 it supported several businesses. The settlement had an estimated population of seventy-two in 1900, thirty in 1910, and seventy-two from 1930 to the mid-1960s. It reported two businesses in 1930 and 1940, one in 1945, and none afterward. The population of Ola was reported at fifty from 1970 to 2000.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Brian Hart, "OLA, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hno11), accessed August 31, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.