PLEASANT GROVE, TX (FALLS COUNTY)
PLEASANT GROVE, TEXAS (Falls County). Pleasant Grove is on Farm Road 1048 six miles northeast of Rosebud in southern Falls County. A church and school were established there by the mid-1880s. In 1905 the Pleasant Grove district had two one-teacher schools for 119 white students and a one-teacher school for forty-two black students. The community continued to serve as the focus of a common school district until 1953, when it was consolidated with the Rosebud Independent School District. Pleasant Grove had an estimated population of twenty-five in the early 1930s; it rose to seventy-one by the mid-1960s, but by 1970 fell to thirty-five, where it remained through 2000.
Lillian S. St. Romain, Western Falls County, Texas (Austin: Texas State Historical Association, 1951).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl, "PLEASANT GROVE, TX (FALLS COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hnp46), accessed July 10, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.