PURSLEY, TEXAS. Pursley is on Farm Road 642 between Richland and Pin Oak creeks off Farm Road 709, eight miles from Corsicana in southwest Navarro County. It is in an area of fine timber and fertile fields. A post office operated from 1872 until 1907. The town was probably named for W. H. Pursley, who served as postmaster. In 1945 it had a population of eighty-six. From 1950 to 2000 the population was forty.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.David Allen, "PURSLEY, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hnp63), accessed August 01, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.