PLEASANT GLADE, TX (TARRANT COUNTY)
PLEASANT GLADE, TEXAS (Tarrant County). Pleasant Glade, also known as Glade, was located ten miles northeast of Fort Worth in northeastern Tarrant County. Pleasant Glade, Pleasant Run, and Colleyville were organized in the area in the 1880s. Pleasant Glade had a church and a school. French horticulturist Anthelm Bidault planted an orchard near the community in the 1890s. Pleasant Glade was bypassed by the railroads and highway construction and disappeared sometime after 1940.
Historic Resources Survey: Selected Tarrant County Communities (Fort Worth: Historic Preservation Council for Tarrant County, 1990).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.David Minor, "PLEASANT GLADE, TX (TARRANT COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hnpza), accessed July 23, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.