RATIBOR, TEXAS. Ratibor is on Ratibor Branch just west of the intersection of Farm roads 2086 and 2904, seven miles east of Temple in eastern Bell County. It was founded by Czechs around 1900 and was named for the town of Ratibor in Czechoslovakia. Lost Prairie School, which was located in the community, had thirty-nine pupils and one teacher in 1903. In 1933 the population was estimated at ten, and the community had four businesses. By 1940 Ratibor had eighty inhabitants, but it declined after World War II to a population of twenty in 1964 and ten in 1990. The population remained at ten in 2000.
Temple Daily Telegram, April 17, 1936.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Mark Odintz, "RATIBOR, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hnr10), accessed December 21, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.