ROSS CITY, TX
ROSS CITY, TEXAS. Ross City, on Farm Road 821 in the southeastern corner of Howard County, was named for William Rossman. Shortly after oil was discovered in the area in 1926 Rossman bought the townsite and divided it into lots. Ross City boomed for a brief period; its population reached 600 in 1936 and then began to decline. In 1947 the town had 250 inhabitants and two businesses. The population fell to eighty by 1956 and remained the same in 1966. In 1980 through 2000 Ross City had eighty-one inhabitants.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Noel Wiggins, "ROSS CITY, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hnr43), accessed May 22, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.