SABANNO, TEXAS. Sabanno (Sabana, Sabanna) is on Farm Road 569 near the Callahan county line and the Sabana River in southwest Eastland County. It had a post office between 1901 and 1917. During some of this time it had three churches and a three-teacher school. After 1917 the community declined. The only business in 1947 was a store. By 1973 only a Baptist church and a clubhouse remained. In 1980 through 2000 the population was estimated at twelve.
The History of Eastland County, 1873–1973.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.William R. Hunt, "SABANNO, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hns01), accessed July 31, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.