SPRABERRY, TEXAS. Spraberry is at the intersection of State Highway 158 and Farm Road 1379, three miles west of the Glasscock county line and fifteen miles southeast of Midland in east central Midland County. It was established about 1951 and drew its name from an area oilfield. A post office was in service until about 1960. Spraberry reported a population of forty-six and no businesses from 1970 through 2000.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Charles G. Davis, "SPRABERRY, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hns69), accessed January 26, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.