STRUCTURE, TEXAS. Structure is on Farm Road 619 ten miles southeast of Taylor in southeast Williamson County. It was founded in the 1920s by Charles Ryan, who opened a store in a building he had moved to the site. Structure also had a gin, a filling station, and several other businesses at different times. The population of the community grew from ten inhabitants in 1933 to sixty in 1952; it was still estimated at sixty through 2000.
Clara Stearns Scarbrough, Land of Good Water: A Williamson County History (Georgetown, Texas: Williamson County Sun Publishers, 1973).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Mark Odintz, "STRUCTURE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hns97), accessed December 19, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.