SCHOOL HILL, TX
SCHOOL HILL, TEXAS. School Hill was off Farm Road 2303 near the Eastland county line sixteen miles northwest of Stephenville in northwestern Erath County. It was probably established in the late nineteenth century. The oldest graves in the cemetery date back to 1884. About 1900 a school was erected on a hill above the community. In 1935 the school had one teacher and twenty pupils. In 1940 the community had a school, a church, a cemetery, and scattered dwellings. The school was consolidated with the Lingleville school in the 1940s. School Hill reported a population of twenty-two from 1966 and through 2000, when the community had a church and a cemetery.
Henry Herbert Miller, A Proposed Consolidation Plan for the Schools of Erath County, Texas (M.A. thesis, University of Texas, 1938).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Mark Odintz, "SCHOOL HILL, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hnsht), accessed May 22, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.