THOMPSONVILLE, TX (GONZALES COUNTY)
THOMPSONVILLE, TEXAS (Gonzales County). Thompsonville is in the angle formed by the intersection of U.S. Highway 90 and State Highway 304, in northwestern Gonzales County. It seems to have been established in the 1860s. Its post office opened in 1869 and closed in 1874. In 1936 the town had three businesses and two churches. Local children probably attended the nearby Merriweather school, two miles west of town. Population figures were unavailable until 1975, at which time the inhabitants numbered thirty, and no businesses were recorded. In 1990 and 2000 the population was still thirty.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Stephen L. Hardin, "THOMPSONVILLE, TX (GONZALES COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hnt19), accessed January 28, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.