VANDYKE, TEXAS. Vandyke, on State Highway 16 in north central Comanche County, was named for Van Dyke Frost, who donated land for a school there in the early 1870s. The community also had a church, and, from 1903 to 1905, a post office. The population of Vandyke was reported as fifteen in 1933, thirty in 1949, and twenty in 1980 through 2000.
Comanche County Bicentennial Committee, Patchwork of Memories: Historical Sketches of Comanche County, Texas (Brownwood, Texas: Banner Printing, 1976).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Tracey L. Compton, "VANDYKE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hnv07), accessed January 30, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.