WEBB, TX (TARRANT COUNTY)
WEBB, TEXAS (Tarrant County). Webb, formerly known as Bowman Spring, is just off Farm Road 157 eight miles from Fort Worth in southeast Tarrant County. In the early 1880s Daniel Zuefeldt opened a general store. Between 1895 and 1901 Webb had a post office, and in 1897 it had Methodist and Baptist churches. In 1976 the community had a church, a school, a factory, and at least one more business. In 1987 it had an estimated forty-three residents and three to four businesses. In 1991 it was still listed on county highway maps.
Janet L. Schmelzer, Where the West Begins: Fort Worth and Tarrant County (Northridge, California: Windsor, 1985).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.David Minor, "WEBB, TX (TARRANT COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hnw28), accessed April 16, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Modified on May 12, 2011. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.