WHITE ROCK, TX (DALLAS COUNTY)
WHITE ROCK, TEXAS (Dallas County). White Rock was at the site of the present intersection of State highways 75 and 289 and Interstate Highway 635, on White Rock Creek ten miles north of downtown Dallas in north central Dallas County. It was established in the late 1840s and had a post office from 1848 to 1851. By 1900 the community was no longer listed on Sam Street's Map of Dallas County, Texas.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Matthew Hayes Nall, "WHITE ROCK, TX (DALLAS COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hnw42), accessed December 17, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.