WHITE HALL, TX (BELL COUNTY)
WHITE HALL, TEXAS (Bell County). White Hall is on Farm Road 2409 nine miles northwest of Temple in northwestern Bell County. It was settled sometime before 1856, when a Masonic lodge was organized in the community. White Hall School had twenty-three pupils in 1903. By 1933 it had twenty-five people and five businesses. The extended farming community had thirty-two families, a gas station, a store, a gin, a Methodist Church, and a Church of Christ in 1946 and was a mixture of Anglo and German American farmers. In 1964 through 2000 White Hall had a population of forty-five.
Oscar Lewis, On the Edge of the Black Waxy: A Cultural Survey of Bell County (Washington University Studies, St. Louis, 1948). George Tyler, History of Bell County (San Antonio: Naylor, 1936).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Mark Odintz, "WHITE HALL, TX (BELL COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hnw44), accessed December 21, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.