ADY, TEXAS. Ady, on Farm Road 1061, is in a farming and ranching area south of the Canadian River in northwestern Potter County. The first settler in this vicinity was Agapito Sandoval, one of Casimero Romero's pastores, who located his family and sheep on Corsino Creek near the north bank of the Canadian. Ady, on the opposite bank, began as a switch on the Fort Worth and Denver City Railway in 1887. The Texas Sand and Gravel Pit was started here in 1941. In 1984 there was a cemetery at Ady but no community center or listed population.
Della Tyler Key, In the Cattle Country: History of Potter County, 1887–1966 (Amarillo: Tyler-Berkley, 1961; 2d ed., Wichita Falls: Nortex, 1972). José Ynocencio Romero and Ernest R. Archambeau, "Spanish Sheepmen on the Canadian at Old Tascosa," Panhandle-Plains Historical Review 19 (1946).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.H. Allen Anderson, "ADY, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hra13), accessed February 01, 2015. Uploaded on June 9, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.