ALBION, TEXAS. Albion is at the junction of State Highway 37 and Farm roads 195 and 1159, sixteen miles north of Clarksville in northern Red River County. The site was first settled during the antebellum period, but a community did not begin to grow up until after the Civil War. A local post office operated from 1886 until 1904 and from 1912 until 1929. During the 1930s the community had a store, a church, and a few houses; the population in 1940 was twenty. After World War II several new stores opened, and in 1991 the community had four or five businesses, a church, a cemetery, and a population of fifty. The population remained at fifty in 2000.