ALUM, TEXAS. Alum was just off State Highway 123 sixteen miles northeast of Floresville in northeastern Wilson County. The community was settled before 1900. In 1910 it reported a population of twenty-five. G. A. Burris operated a general store until about 1920. Maps of 1936 showed a rural school. In the early 1990s only a church and a few scattered houses remained.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "ALUM, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hra32), accessed July 31, 2014. Uploaded on June 9, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.