ANNA ROSE, TX
ANNA ROSE, TEXAS. Anna Rose (Annarose), on Farm Road 624 eighteen miles south of George West in south central Live Oak County, is noted for raising cattle and sheep. The settlement is associated with nearby Clegg and Ramirena. An Anna Rose post office was established in 1915 but closed sometime after 1930. State highway maps of 1936 showed a business, a school, and scattered dwellings at the townsite, and the local population rose from ten in 1933 to eighty in 1945. Black and white schools in the community were combined by 1944 and annexed to the George West Independent School District in 1948. A dance hall owned by the daughter of Tom Weston, an early settler, drew area residents from 1926 until the 1950s, but after 1947, when three businesses remained, the population declined.
Live Oak County Centennial Association, Live Oak County Centennial (George West, Texas, 1956). Ervin L. Sparkman, The People's History of Live Oak County (Mesquite, Texas, 1981).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Brian Michael Todd Kryszewski, "ANNA ROSE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hra44), accessed October 25, 2014. Uploaded on June 9, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.