ARKANSAS CITY, TX
ARKANSAS CITY, TEXAS. Arkansas City, four miles south of San Isidro on Farm Road 2294 in northeastern Starr County, was a supply point and shipping center for the surrounding ranch area in the days of horse-drawn wagons; by 1936 it had a factory, a business, and two dwellings. In 1940 it had a store and a population of ten. During the 1950s and 1960s the community population increased to forty. In 1991 there were three rural homes in the area but no markers indicating a community.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Dick D. Heller, Jr., "ARKANSAS CITY, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hra51), accessed January 27, 2015. Uploaded on June 9, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.