ANDREWS, TX (WOOD COUNTY)
ANDREWS, TEXAS (Wood County). Andrews was 6½ miles east of Quitman in northeastern Wood County. The settlement received a post office in 1885 and the following year reported a population of six. By 1892 the community had grown to 100, had two Methodist ministers, and supported a carpenter, a distiller, and two combination gristmill-gins. The population declined to fifteen by 1896, and by 1906 the post office had closed.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Rachel Jenkins, "ANDREWS, TX (WOOD COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hra84), accessed April 23, 2014. Uploaded on June 9, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.