ANTIOCH, TX (VAN ZANDT COUNTY)
ANTIOCH, TEXAS (Van Zandt County). Antioch was ten miles northeast of Canton in northeast Van Zandt County. By 1890 it had a school that reached an enrollment of sixty-two in 1905 and was consolidated with the Grand Saline Independent School District by the 1950s. In 1936 a school and church remained at the site, but by 1965 the community had disappeared.
Mary E. Valandingham, Early Scholastic Records for Van Zandt County (Center, Texas, 1968).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Diana J. Kleiner, "ANTIOCH, TX (VAN ZANDT COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hra91), accessed March 11, 2014. Uploaded on June 9, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.