ARLESTON, TEXAS. Arleston was a post office community six miles northwest of Deberry in northeastern Panola County. It was probably established in the late 1870s. Its post office operated from 1881 until 1906, and in the early 1890s the settlement had two general stores, a cotton gin and mill, and an estimated population of thirty. By the mid-1930s Arleston no longer appeared on highway maps.
John Barnette Sanders, Postoffices and Post Masters of Panola County, Texas, 1845–1930 (Center, Texas, 1964).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "ARLESTON, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrafy), accessed October 21, 2014. Uploaded on June 9, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.