ALDRIDGE, TX (ANGELINA COUNTY)
ALDRIDGE, TEXAS (Angelina County). Aldridge was on the Neches River near Boykin Springs in southern Angelina County. The settlement was founded in 1903 by Rockland lumberman Hal Aldridge, who built a sawmill at the site. A local post office operated briefly in 1906. The sawmill closed in 1920 after most of the surrounding forest had been cut, and within a short time the town died.
Angelina County Historical Survey Committee, Land of the Little Angel: A History of Angelina County, Texas, ed. Bob Bowman (Lufkin, Texas: Lufkin Printing, 1976).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "ALDRIDGE, TX (ANGELINA COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrahg), accessed November 28, 2014. Uploaded on June 9, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.