ARBOR GROVE, TX
ARBOR GROVE, TEXAS. Arbor Grove, ten miles east of Crockett on Farm Road 232 in southeastern Houston County, was established before 1900. A post office operated there under the name Arbor between 1901 and 1906. In the mid-1930s the community comprised a church and a number of houses. After World War II many of the residents moved away, and by the early 1990s only the church and a few houses remained.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "ARBOR GROVE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrama), accessed March 10, 2014. Uploaded on June 9, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.